Spine & Sport Physical Therapy Non-Discrimination Policy
Spine & Sport is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on:
- Race and traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles, such as but not limited to braids, locks, and twists;
- Religion (including religious dress and grooming practices);
- Sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sex stereotype, gender identity/gender expression/transgender (including whether or not you are transitioning or have transitioned), and sexual orientation;
- National origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued to persons unable to prove their presence in the United States is authorized under federal law [Vehicle Code section 12801.9]);
- Physical or mental disability;
- Medical condition;
- Genetic information/characteristics;
- Marital status/registered domestic partner status;
- Age (40 and over);
- Sexual orientation;
- Military or veteran status; and
- Any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, or ordinance, or regulation.
The Company also prohibits discrimination, harassment, disrespectful or unprofessional conduct based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. Prohibited harassment is not just sexual harassment, but harassment of any nature based on any protected category.
In addition, the Company prohibits retaliation against individuals who raise complaints of discrimination or harassment or who participate in workplace investigations.
All such conduct, whether reported as a quid pro quo or in the context of a hostile work environment, violates Company policy and will not be tolerated. Any report of such conduct will be addressed beginning with the first incident reported.